Please sign in to post.

Central London Accommodation around 160 pounds/night

My wife and I will be in London for a week in mid-October. We are looking for a centrally located hotel within, say a 30-40 minute (e.g. one and half to two miles) walk radius of Big Ben. Your suggestions?

Posted by
17 posts

In July my wife and I stayed at the Luna & Simone Hotel which is located about a 10 min walk from Victoria Station. No 24 bus stops right in front and would have you at Big Ben in about 5 mins and Trafalgar Square in about 10 mins. So certainly easy walking distance. You can check out their website and it is rated high on trip advisor. We enjoyed our stay there...great breakfast...nice rooms...very clean & modern. We had a room at the back and is was very quiet. Staff was great and very helpful. We booked well in advance and we paid 105 pounds/night. Enjoy your time in London. We love that city!!.......Gary

Posted by
970 posts

I booked at the City Inn Westminster for an upcoming trip. It's within that price range. Haven't stayed there yet, of course, but it gets good reviews from the usual suspects. It appears to be a contemporarily styled hotel.

It's about one-half mile south of Big Ben and the Parliament buildings, just west of the Thames. Pimlico is the nearest Tube stop.

Posted by
1116 posts

I second Luna Simone based on recommendations from people like Gary. We're actually booked there in mid Oct and got a rate of 100 GBP a night which includes breakfast and VAT. We have to show our RS book for this rate. If they're booked, look around the Paddington Station area because it's so convenient to the Heathrow Express from Heathrow.

Posted by
2776 posts

The London Elizabeth Hotel is fantastic......http://www.londonelizabethhotel.com/....it's across the road from Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park. It's a 2 minute walk from Lancaster Gate tube station. It would be about a 40 minute walk...you could walk thru Hyde Park, walk towards Wellington Arch then go onto Constitution Hill this runs between Green Park and Buckingham Palace, when you get toQueen Victoria Memorial (in front of Buckingham Palace) turn to your right and walk (a couple minutes) to Birdcage Walk turn left walk down this it will turn into Gt. George St then into Parliament Bridge Street this takes you to Big Ben.

Posted by
1175 posts

Check out www.travelodgeuk.com. There is a great map with several locations very near Big Ben. They also have REALLY great sales, sometimes for NINE GBP/night!! More often rooms go from 19 to 49 GBP/NIGHT. We always stay at their various hotels/motels,and have 4 nights booked in Oct.

Posted by
668 posts

We have stayed at the Limetree, near Victoria station.

Posted by
11507 posts

I stayed at the Base2Stay Kensington and LOVED the location. Two tube stations very close by( Earls Court and Gloucester) and two grocers ( Tescos and Sainsburys) and two great Musuems , within easy walking distance( Victoria and Albert and Natural History) .. so Base2stay really is about the 2's.. LOL
Nice and clean, tiny immaculate kitchenette, sparkling new washrooms, lovely duvets. Rooms were small but well done. Quiet street.

Posted by
36 posts

You might be interested in http://www.londonbandb.com/. My husband and I are booked at one of the locations for this September. Great location in Westminster for under 100GBP per night. Plus, we get to stay with a local Londoner and get some insider recommendations! Private room and bath as well...

Posted by
586 posts

Didn't love the Limetree in Belgravia but really enjoyed The Fielding in Covent Garden. The Fielding is small, simple (no breakfast, but tons of little places all around to eat with locals). It's also very friendly, comfortable, and perfectly located near the Covent Garden Tube station (line runs direct from Heathrow, no changes), Covent Garden Market, and within easy walking distance of Trafalgar Square, Picadilly Circus, and lots of theaters.

Posted by
290 posts

Try Sidney Hotel in London Pimlico area. There is a bus that stops right outside every 10-15 mins 24/7 that goes to Parliment, Trafalger Sq, Theather district, and onwards to Hampstead Heath. Mid Oct you can expect to pay 85-125GBP a night for two people if you book online now using the 14 day advance rate....and you get buffet full english breakfast each morning...the only drawback is the ensuite bathrooms are very tiny...but who cares for that price! Website: http://www.sidneyhotel.com .

Posted by
875 posts

Sorry, I haven't checked the availability, but look at #430330 on holiday-rentals.co.uk
Apt is great and smack dab in the center of the theatre district.