Please sign in to post.

cell phone

Hello,

In Italy '04, I purchased a cell from Orange Co. Does anyone know if this is usable in Ireland. Have looked on Orange website with no success. Does anyone know what foriegn cell company is usable in Ireland.

Thanks, S

Posted by
225 posts

If your phone is multi band including 900/1800 frequencies AND unlocked, then you should be fine.

The GSM phone providers in Ireland can be found here:

http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_ie.shtml

Does the phone and SIM still have service here or has the phone number expired? If it still has service then you could use what you have.

If you happen to have access to a local SIM card (maybe your local provider is ATT or T-mobile). Or you can borrow a friends SIM card just long enough to plug it into your phone, you can see if you get service.

If you currently have ATT or T-mobile, then you could travel with your own phone number.

Posted by
1455 posts

Sioux, you can also look up the phone on the internet to check the frequency of the phone. As Eric posted, if your phone fits those frequency, your cell should be ok in Ireland.

I have a phone I got from London back in 2004 as well, and was able to use it in Milan, Munich and Paris.. so my guess is you should be ok.