Please sign in to post.

car tour Wales june/27 thru 7/9 and Republic of Ireland july 10 thru 7/18

We got a rental car in UK and another in Ireland. The insurance is expensive and coverag is not great. Considering the deductable and limited coverage for and accident or theft.
I see on the web a site selling sublimital insurance. Ref www.insurance4carhire.com. The fee is 49GBP Is anyone familiar with Annual European Excess Insurance?

Posted by
112 posts

We are renting a car in the UK and I'm using my credit card which covers CDW and theft, have you checked into that?

Posted by
6 posts

Kris; Yes we looked into credit card coverage. One problem is that you still have to pay for CWD and theft damages over the coverage amount when you turn in the car, then would submit a claim request with the credit card company. They require full doc reports and payment might take some time. That is why I am looking for additional private insurance. Annual European Insurance sounds good as it cover any country, coverage is for 31 days, and covers the policy holder not the car. Hope someone has tried this company. website www.insurance4carhire.com
Let me know.