Please sign in to post.

Car Rental

My husband and I have purchased a vacation package to Ireland and our friends that we travel with also purchased the same package. Each package came with a car rental. Since we didn't need two cars, my friend called to arrange for one car. They convinced her that four people need two cars. I can't convince her that she is being taken advantage of. Can you help? This is taking the edge off of our trip. Thank you,
Andrea

Posted by
28 posts

Hard to tell without knowing what kind of cars you are getting! However, I would bet they are NOT giving you a large car with the package and therefore you will need two cars. Time to recheck with the "package people" to see what kind of car you are getting. Good luck! Have a great time!!

Posted by
9363 posts

In Ireland, roads and cars are small. After driving there on four separate trips, I agree that four adults with luggage will be more comfortable in two cars. Having traveled with others (in separate cars), we found that we liked being able to be away from our companions for a bit while driving, too. How do you think your friend is being taken advantage of? The cars were part of the price, after all, not an add-on after the fact.