Please sign in to post.

Buckingham palace

Does anyone have experience touring Buckingham Palace. It looks like the tour tickets are for timed tours and yet the London Pass includes access to th Queen's Gallery.

Posted by
2800 posts

Hi Deborah, Buckingham Palace has 19 State rooms that are open to the public for the months of August and September. The hours are 9:45 to 3:15pm and it is limited to the amount of people.

The Queen's Gallery isn't part of the State rooms and it is open all year. It's the former chapel on the south side of Buckingham Palace. If you are standing in front of the Palace and facing it, you would turn to your left walk to the corner and turn to the right and walk down the side of the Palace there is where the Queen's Gallery and Royal Mews.

Posted by
417 posts

That is correct- the Queens Gallery is not part of the regular Palace tours. You can purchase tickets ahead of your arrival or when you get there, and maybe have to wait a few hours. Or buy them for the next day.

The State Rooms are very impressive, and in my opinion, the tour (it is self guided with an audio guide) is well worth the time. I thoroughly enjoyed it all.

Posted by
101 posts

Thank you, not sure if getting a timed tour will work with our schedule, be great if we could work it out.

Posted by
2800 posts

Yes, the Royal Mews are open to the public, like I told you earlier how to get to the Queens Gallery, the Royal Mews is right by there. The Royal Mews are great it's fun to see all the carriages and the beautiful horses. You know what you could do, go by your ticket for the tours of the Palace then go visit the Royal Mews and the Queens Gallery while waiting for the time for the tour.

Posted by
5678 posts

I hope you can get tickets. I really enjoyed my tour. I got a nice little tea "mug" that reminds me of the tour when i have a cup of tea. Pam