Please sign in to post.

B & B's in Galway

Does anyone have any good Galway B & B recommendations that may or may not be in Rick's Ireland book? I'm looking to book the 3rd week of September. Thanks.

Posted by
1806 posts

Four Seasons B&B on College Road (in RS guide). Hosts nice/helpful. Easy/short walk to Eyre Square, train/bus station and much of central Galway.

Posted by
319 posts

I stayed at Rossa B&B. It's not in Rick's book, but it worked very well for me. It's a short walk from Eyre Square in the heart of the city, but it was nice and quiet at night.

The owner, Valerie, was very helpful and even drove us to dinner one night to save us the cost of a cab!

The rooms are very small but very clean. We paid 35 euros per person per night.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
162 posts

We stayed at Petra House and loved it. It is also on College road along with B&B after B&B. They all look nice and all would have the easy walk to the town center.

Posted by
252 posts

None of Rick's suggestions were available for me (tried to book 6 months in advance), but I found the Griffin Lodge. It's an owner operated B&B, just the kind Rick likes. Has parking spaces and will even block off street parking for guests, if needed.

Posted by
196 posts

Check out B&B's in Lower Salthill which are walking distance of City Centre. Lotsa good choices.