Please sign in to post.

B & B's in Galway

Has anyone stayed at any of the B & B's listed in RS's book? I am a little concerned that they are next to the greyhound dog track and might be noisy or have a lot of traffic. We will be there the end of June. Thanks,

Posted by
10 posts

We are also going at the end of June and staying at the Four Seasons B&B. Our first pick was Petra House, but they were booked for one of our nights. From what I've read on this forum and on Trip Advisor, I have not heard anything about the noise from the track, at least from these 2 B&Bs. Crossing my fingers!

Posted by
934 posts

Steves lists a number on College. We stayed at Petra House and liked it.As far as noise I didnt know there was a greyhound track.Its a easy walk into town and the host was excellent.

Posted by
1806 posts

I've stayed at The Four Seasons in Galway on College Road several times. You don't hear any noise from the track. There can be heavy traffic during rush hour on College Road, but at night the street is fairly quiet. If you are a very light sleeper, you may want to email ahead and request a room that faces away from the street.