Please sign in to post.

Apartment in London

I have always used VRBO or HomeAway to locate apartments but found another site ....HolidayFlatRental.com. The rates seem too good to be true. Can anyone give me information on this site or this company?
I travel with 3 other women and don't want to ruin the trip by getting scammed! Betty

Posted by
1829 posts

Also post your query on the London Forum on Tripadviser. The posters there are very good a sniffing out dodgy sites. I have even seen one of the posters, on more than one occasion, offering to visit properties because they were near where he worked! They will ask for a link and the name(s) of the particular property/properties you are looking at. PS - out of curiosity I looked at the site and it is waaaaay too good to be true eg a one bedroom flat on Park Lane, Mayfair at £280 per week! Only one of the most expensive areas of London and £280 a night would be cheap in that area. http://holidayflatrental.com/londonunitedkingdom/Park-Lane-Mayfair-1-Bedroom-flat.html And AFAIK there is nowhere in London where you could get an apartment for that price.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just posted on the London Forum of Tripadviser. I've been checking APlaceLikeHome.co.uk and feel it's reputable with rates that are inline with the other sites.
Thanks again. Betty

Posted by
5529 posts

Betty, the prices are too good to be true. Those are way too low for London. I searched on both the address and the phone number listed and they appears on several websites where people have reported scams.