Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam Hotel

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel (decent)in Amsterdam near the Dam or Central Station?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted by
3551 posts

I enjoyed Hotel Keizershof more like B&B about 5blocks from train station.

Posted by
9100 posts

Your best bet is the Avenue Hotel or the Ibis at Centraal Station. A bit more expensive, but the Golden Tulip Amsterdam Centre is an excellent hotel. Check www.booking.com they usually have the lowest rates for Amsterdam. If you're traveling off-season you can often get deeply discounted rates at the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky (one of the top hotels in the city), for less than the Ibis.

Posted by
8293 posts

We liked the Owl Hotel, reasonably priced and within walking distance of the museums.

Posted by
360 posts

I know you specified being near the Dam or Central Station, but if you haven't been to Amsterdam before, you might find the area depressing or somewhat off putting. Amsterdam is a small city, so even if I wanted to stay close to the station for convenience, I'd stay at a hotel located on one of the nearby canals. I can recommend the Wiechmann Hotel on the Prinsengracht canal. There are lots of nice places to eat around there & it's lovely to be on the canals.