Please sign in to post.

amsterdam

any suggestions for a nice, reasonably priced B&Bs in amsterdam? a place with a private bath and good breakfast? maybe even on one of the canals!

Posted by
564 posts

Hotel Alexander(www.hotelalexander.nl), info@hotelalexander.ml. It is one used for our RS 2012 tour. ~This is not a B & B but an adequate small hotel with great service & a good breakfast. There's a coffee maker for cappucino-espresso, etc(also available during day, too). Free wifi and one hotel computer for a small fee. There is a small sitting area near the front desk. ~Location is residential & quiet. It's close to Vondel Park, and you can walk to both Van Gogh & Rijksmuseums. It's just a long block up to the TI booth, the Canal Boat Tours & Leidesplein where you can get the bus/tram/metro. ~Last year I paid 100 euros plus 5% city tax for a single room. The managers are very helpful just speak up if you have questions or concerns. The group's minutes for the hotel computer were used up. I had stayed on 2 more days. They let me use it for free to check my mail, print a boarding pass & download my photos to a flash. The mgr even helped me with the computer/camera session. ~The single room had a view of back yard patio. For me the bed seemed slightly larger than a twin, a small desk & chair, a minifridge, a closet w/shelves, a good size bath w/1 shelf. I think it was Room #12 across from two double rooms. It was off the main hall like a quad in college so it had an additional door sheltering noise from the main hallway. I made a cappucino & the mgr insisted I not pay for it.
They always asked me how I was and if I needed anything. They carried the people's luggage upstairs if they needed it. Overall, it was a very positive experience for 5 nights.

Posted by
347 posts

Hotel Brouwer was great. We stayed there in 2010. Not sure of their rates now, but it was definitely reasonable then. It is in an old Amsterdam canal house - so it is very charming. The breakfast was good - pretty basic continental style. Pretty sure I remember poached eggs, and plenty of choice of breads and jams. It was right on one of the canals and a really easy walk from the train station.

Posted by
2 posts

We stayed at Boogard's B&B last year. It was tops! You have to book early though. It is small and fills up fast! Amazing host Peter bakes you fresh goodies everyday and does your laundry for you! We stayed in apartment with another couple and it was self catered breakfast. Peter had all the supplies there for us to cook breakfast and have a light lunch. Other guest say if you stay in one of the other two B&B rooms that the breakfast is wonderful. Really close to Central Train Station. You can walk in 10 minutes. Right downtown by all the canals. Great location! Best ever!

Posted by
5678 posts

I enjoyed the hotel Brouwer when I visited Amsterdam. It was close to the train station, on a canal, very old, and with a good breakfast. ; )