Please sign in to post.

Accomodations - London in May 2013 with family of 9

I and my family (parents, brother and sister in law, sister, my husband and I with our two 4 year olds) are planning on going to Europe in May. Itinerary is to fly into London, head to Paris and go up to Austria. I am looking for reasonable accomodations for two nights in London (Central or very close - not opposed to a little jaunt each morning into the City for sightseeing). I'm thinking if we could swing about $50 USD/person per night, that would be good. Is this way off the mark for accomodations in London? I am open to renting an apartment (but with just 2 nights, the selection is not as good). Thanks!

Posted by
16241 posts

Did you try Vancouver Studios? They might be able to accommodate you in a double (£140), a triple (£175) and the family apartment that is a 5 min. Walk away (£199). That is a bit more than you want to spend but the location is excellent. $50 US per person might be unrealistic for London. Staying outside the city would involve transport costs for your day of sightseeing. Are you going to Paris by Eurostar train, or flying? That might make a difference in your choice of location. If flying to Paris from Heathrow, you might consider staying in Windsor for your 2 nights. France's Lodge is a nice B&B that has a nice mix of rooms, single, double and family rooms at very good prices. We enjoyed our stay there.

Posted by
11507 posts

For two nights, you get a hotel. For hotels you will need a quad( for you and your hubby and kids) a triple ( your parents and sister) and a double (brother and sil).
50 dollars us is really low for london, the GBP is going to hurt.. thats only about 30 GBP, so you need a double for 60 GBP,, and so on.. I would be hunting down deals now, the good cheap places book up so fast.. I hope some folks here can give you some names, its not as easy to find quad rooms in London as it is here in North America. RS has a few hotels he seems to recommend, and people here seemed to have liked, don't know if they will do but you can check out Lime Tree and Luna Simone.