Please sign in to post.

Accomodations in York

What is your favorite place to stay in York? Convenient location for walking and breakfast included are important.

Posted by
3428 posts

We have always stayed at the Royal York hotel. It is attached to the train station and is only a short walk from the heart of the city. I don't know if breakfast is included... We often skip it.

Posted by
1819 posts

We like the Dean Court Hotel, directly across from Yorkminster. Breakfast is included, premier rooms have a direct view of Yorkminster. Worth the price for the memories.

Posted by
571 posts

I'm very fond of the Abbeyfields Guest House B&B. It is just outside the city walls, but perfectly walkable to all locations, as York is very compact and tourist-friendly. The owners are wonderful and make a fine English breakfast, too. They knew we must be Rick Steves devotees, because apparently they cater primarily to English tourists and the only Americans who book with them find them through the RS guide books.

Posted by
15 posts

I stayed at the Coach House Hotel in York as recommended in Rick's book. It was very convenient and just greaat.