Please sign in to post.

Ferry from England to Amsterdam

Does anyone know if a Family 3-berth room would accommodate 3 adults? It is not letting me buy tickets. (The rail and sail hi-speed ferry). Thanks.

Posted by
307 posts

Yes, a Family three berth room will accommodate 3 people, but it specifies one of those must be a child. When are you travelling? It may not allow you to make reservations until , say, a maximum of 90 days in advance... You can go here to see what the cabins look like...note that there are two "top" bunks that are folded up

Posted by
7 posts

We aren't traveling with a child, our daughter is 24, so three adults. When I put in 3 adults, it doesn't provide me with a 4-berth option (the ferry told me to choose that) but it's not showing up. I am thinking I need to make two separate reservations, one for 2 adults, and one for 1 adult. Would like to stay together but the option is not coming up for a 4 berth or anything bigger. Does anyone know if there is a phone # to call?

Posted by
14507 posts

Hi, If it's the DFDS Seaways ferry line, the phone # in the UK is: 0870/252 0524. I'm not sure if it is DFDS that goes from Newcastle to Amsterdam. They, however, will give the info to direct you.

Posted by
32740 posts

do you mean the ferry from Newcastle-upon-Tyne or from Harwich? They are 2 different companies.

Posted by
14507 posts

Hi, Sorry about not being clear. The DFDS ferry departs from Newcastle to Amsterdam, whereas the one from Harwich goes to Cuxhaven. It used to go to Hamburg. I took that once in 1987 from Hamburg-Harwich.