Please sign in to post.

Ireland

My huaband and I need a B&B for one night near Shannon airport. We will not have a car as our traveling companions are arriving the next day and will have the car.This will be August 19, 2008.

Posted by
16 posts

the bunratty hotel is right across the street from durty nelly's and is a very nice place for one evening. it is not a b&b. it is a spa hotel and i actually got a great deal there from expedia.com

in other cities i'd recommend b&b's but if you are only there for a night, this place was very nice. they also have a free shuttle from the shannon airport which will pick you up when you arrive. just call the hotel. best of luck!

Posted by
9363 posts

There are numerous B&Bs along the Bunratty Road, just six miles or so from the airport (you can take a taxi from the airport). While you wait for your friends, you can visit Durty Nelly's pub, and shop at Bunratty Village Mills shops. We stayed at Dunedin Lodge, but there are several all along the road behind Bunratty.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you for the information. Could you possibly let me know where I could find more information about these places. I have looked in Rick Steves 2008 Ireland book but could not find any listings.
Thanks.

Posted by
9363 posts

Here is a link that will take you to a listing of B&Bs in the Bunratty area, many are on the Bunratty road. All of these are within a very few miles of the airport.

http://tinyurl.com/yr9vpm

Posted by
29 posts

Recommended from a July 2005 stop: In Bunratty just up the road that goes alongside the castle (easy walk) is Ashgrove House. Sheila will be waiting with a cuppa tea (plus a wee shot of Jameson whiskey in it if you wish). www.ashgrovehouse.com

Slainte!

Posted by
1 posts

We're in the same situation, but for the end of May. Bunratty Castle Hotel (as someone previously suggested) is all booked up. Any other places that have a shuttle to the airport?

Posted by
9363 posts

I don't know of any places with a free shuttle, but a six-mile trip couldn't cost that much in a taxi, I wouldn't think.

Posted by
100 posts

We also stayed at the Ashgrove house and loved it there. Rooms were nice and hosts were the best!!