Please sign in to post.

eurail discounts on ferries

I read here and in other sites that you can get discounts on ferries in Scandinavia if you have a eurail pass. in planning my May trip, I bought a eurailpass. I then made reservations for the overnight DFDS boat between Copenhagen and Oslo, and for the Tallink Silja line overnight between Stockholm and Tallin. THEN I realized that there was nowhere to mark that I had a Eurailpass. How do I get my discounts?

Posted by
6 posts

Email the companies directly. I emailed DFDS (incoming@dfds.com) and they said today that they did offer 25% discounts, but were having trouble with their system and that "this discount cannot be added on but it should be working again by next week." I already paid for mine, so I don't know if they will refund since it's already paid, but I am trying.

Posted by
23 posts

I emailed them too, and they responded with exactly the same message yesterday. I know there have been a number of sites screwed up around the internet lately, so this may actually be the case, but has anyone gotten a DIFFERENT response? I also emailed the Tallin-Stockholm ferry, through which i had reserved a package including a hotel, and they responded that I could have the package OR the Eurail discount, but not both.

Posted by
23 posts

TODAY I got this message from DFDS: (editors of Rick's books/website take note!!!) ---- I would like to inform you that our offers regarding railpass is no longer valid for year 2013 and that is the reason why we are experiencing technical problems in our website in regards with this discount. But since I promised you that i will get back to you regarding this issue, I have decided to refund ...
For future booking, please note that we do not have discount rate for railpass holder. Thanks

Posted by
32822 posts

Clare, Generally the staff of ETBD don't read or participate in this Helpline. If you'd like to get your information to them, you could call or use the Contact Us button elsewhere on this webpage.