Please sign in to post.

Critique my itinerary

Please let me know what you think of my itinerary for next May? We will be touring the Cliffs of Mohar from Galway; the Dingle & Ring of Kerry from Killarney; Kinsale from Blarney.... Arrive at 11:05a.m. pick up car and drive North to Downpatrick for 1 night Bushmills 2 nights Donegal 1 night Westport 2 nights Galway 3 nights Killarney 3 nights Blarney 3 nights Kilkenny 2 nights Dublin 3 nights Trying to avoid 1 nighters; would you stay 2 nights in Donegal and take a night off of Dublin etc? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks,
Som

Posted by
69 posts

Hi, Agree that it's much nicer to stay in an area and do day trips. I would stay 2 nights in Donegal and take from Blarney. Are you planning to stay in Blarney or just somewhere in Cork? Enjoy your trip, Sherri

Posted by
66 posts

Staying in Blarney; wanting to visit the coastal towns of Kinsale & Cobh! Thanks,
Som

Posted by
9369 posts

We stayed in a really nice B&B in Blarney, near the town center, called The White House. The owner will be thrilled to give you explicit directions to Kinsale. He was disappointed when we weren't going that direction. :)

Posted by
2759 posts

This is a nicely paced itinerary, so I think it would work very well. If it were me, I might add a night to Donegal (I've never been there, so I'm just going on what I've read) and take it away from Kilkenny. In fact I'd skip Kilkenny (it was just okay) and use your second night in Kilkenny in and spend it in Dingle town, which is my favorite place in Ireland. I'd also take one of your nights off Killarney (maybe two) and add them to Dingle so you have two or three nights there.

Posted by
69 posts

Hi Som, Was just thinking that Blarney always seems to be a place to go and then leave so 3 nights there seems a bit long IMO. I would suggest staying the 3 nights in Kinsale instead as it's a really nice town, on the water with lots of great restaurants and pubs. Easy access to Cobh, Blarney and Cork. Just a suggestion. Enjoy, Sherri

Posted by
66 posts

That's actually what I was thinking of but you made my decision... Thanks, Jean