Please sign in to post.

Norway

we are going to Norway in mid April for 12 days flying in to Oslo. We love scenery, fjords & quaint villages. Any ideas on which towns to stop & can you recommend B & B's or mid range hotels in these places as well as Oslo.
Thanks. Deidre

Posted by
769 posts

I cant recommend Balestrand Hotel highly enough! Its on the Songfjord - so if youre doing the Nutshell tour - its a great quiet beautiful spot to stay a day or two for outdoor activities. The time in April however may be a bit early for many attractions outside big cities. Bergen is great, as is Oslo. Plenty to do in each anytime of year.

The big chain called THON Hotels... check their website- sign up for their "miles club" you may get a free night or special if youre there a few days.

Posted by
1 posts

Norway in a Nutshell is suppose to be great. We're going in May. Does anyone know a USA number to call to order tickts for 'nutshell'?

Posted by
1 posts

Greetings,

I've been to the Norway in a Nutshell website, but I'm a little unclear as to it's purpose. It mentions being able to get off at various towns for an overnight. Is it essentially a transportation pass? Are there guides on the various boats/trains/buses? I assume lodging/food is not included, but that one can purchase the Fjord pass allowing for lodging discounts.

Has anyone taken the bicycle trip through N in a N? Is it a group or does one go on their own? What support is provided for flat tires, accidents, weather incidents? Again, does buying the package offer more than just renting the bikes yourself and scooting off?

Thanks,

Janell