Please sign in to post.

London Trip Planning - London Eye, River Cruise, Windsor, Bath, Stonehenge

We will be in London for 3 full days + half day before (arriving London on mid day) + a little bit more than half day after (taking Eurostart in the afternoon to Paris). So we technically are staying in London for 4 days, if I can add them up... I will just follow RS' 3-day london itinerary. However, I still need to decide on London Eye, River Cruise, and day trip to Winsor, Bath, and Stonehenge. My first question: Do I need to book London Eye tickets in advance? I want to go at sunset. Does sunset tickets sell out quickly? Or do I have to wait a long line for sunset lift? Second question: Do I need to book Thames river cruise tickets in advance? Third question: I am thinking about taking a day trip to Windsor, Bath, and Stonehenge. I know it's a rush tour, but I want to see it all and we don't have much time. And who knows when I will be returning to london/UK next time? This is my first trip, so should I just get to London, feel how much I like it, then decide whether take the day trip or just stay London? Will the day trip tours sell out quickly? I know Gray Line tour requires booking tickets 2 days ahead. Thank you!

Posted by
1986 posts

If you are only in london three and a half days i would wait until you are there- there is so much to see in London, you may dcide to skip the outside tours. You can do both Hampton Court and windsor on your own from London with just a short train ride (less than an hour each). In my opinion Hampton Court has more to see than Windsor, but thats a personal choice As i remember you can book Day tours (Bath etc) the day before. as long as they are not fully booked- depends when you will be in London

Posted by
9126 posts

Here's info about pre booking tickets for the Eye: http://www.londoneye.com/VisitorInformation/FAQs/BookingFAQs/Default.aspx Can't answer the question about the River Cruise so I won't.
Realize you want to see and do everything but as a fellow Californian you'll be surprised how much jet lag will factor into your travel. Long flight from the Pacific coast. Pace yourself so you can enjoy your time there. Personally, I'd concentrate on London. So much to explore and enjoy but that's just me.