Please sign in to post.

Time Change......

If nonstop flight leaves Boston 7PM Friday and gets to London 7AM (says 6 hour 45 min Flight time) I am a little confused on time change and hours can someone explain please this .......

Posted by
32214 posts

susan, The Itinerary provided with your flights should have all the departure and arrival times listed, as well as the flight duration. The times shown will be local times for each airport that you're departing from or arriving at. For example, I usually have to cross one time zone to reach the airport that I use for flights to Europe. If I depart my home airport at 10:10, my arrival time will be about 12:06. The flight is in fact only 56-minutes, but as the arrival airport is one hour ahead it appears as if it's a two hour flight. The opposite occurs on the flight home. If you depart Boston at 19:00, you should theoretically arrive in London at 06:45 (given the flight duration you quoted). Happy travels!

Posted by
12040 posts

What's the confusion? 7 hour flight leaves Boston at 7 PM, arrives in London at 2 AM Boston time. Local time in London is 5 hours ahead of Boston... hence, lands in London at 7 AM local time.

Posted by
9110 posts

Doesn't your flight schedule show arrivals and departures in local time?

Posted by
11 posts

Thank you for clearing that up. Since this is my first trip overseas I had a valid question.

Posted by
11507 posts

susan,, I understand,, I still find it confusing and I know about the time differences etc,, it just helps to sort of figure it all out bit by bit.. flight length means arrival at your what in your own local time, then switch from that time to their time,( so what a six hour difference) . The easiest is NOT to think about it at all though. Once on plane. Set your watch to local time at your DESTNATION,, now, live by that,, forget all about what time it is "at home" otherwise it will make jet lag seem worse. So if you arrive at 7 am local time,, you live like that,, not like its 2 am and you are exhausted, nope , try and convince your brain that its morning and time to get going( cause your body clock will be saying,, its middle of night go to bed,, lol )

Posted by
518 posts

When you leave Boston at 7 pm, it is then midnight in London. The arrival time is shown in London time. So your flight is 7 hours. As you fly, your body is fast forwarding 5 hours, so expect to be tired.