Please sign in to post.

Lodging for a family of 4

We are always on the lookout for a hotel or B&B in London that will accommodate two adults and two kids (grade school/middle school). We have rented apartments and cottages often, but sometimes we don't want to "self-cater." All suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Posted by
98 posts

Laurie -

Two chains that cater to families are Travelodge (not the same as in the US) and Premier Inn. They both offer rooms with 2 double beds at reasonable (for London) prices. Many hotels offer "family" rooms as well and that is clearly stated on their website. I like Best Western Victoria Palace in the Victoria neighborhood. We have had a room with 1 double and 2 twins that was surprisingly large.

www.travelodge.co.uk
www.premierinn.com
www.bestwesternvictoriapalace.co.uk

Posted by
3551 posts

I love Travelodge, their website is great and sometimes you can grab a discount as well. xcellent rates for families espec. but no free brfast.Sometimes restaurants are nearby or adjacent. Alot like comfort inns in USA.

Posted by
1 posts

My family just returned from England and while in London stayed at the Premier Inn County Hall. The location was great (right on the Thames at the foot of the London Eye across the river from Big Ben)and they were happy to accomodate our family (we have 2 very young kids). Breakfast is extra, but the kids eat free which was great, and it is all you can eat so we were always ready for a full day of sightseeing! Lots of kid friendly activities in County Hall as well (arcade, aquarium, gelato, McDonalds) which was great. Less than 5 minutes walk from either Waterloo station or Westminster station.

See Rick's London guide for other kid-friendly recommendations! Have a great trip, we certainly did!

Posted by
3551 posts

I stay at Travelodge it is perfect for your needs and well-priced. website also shows deals

Posted by
1806 posts

If you are travelling during the summer or a holiday period, check out the London School of Economics (www.lse.ac.uk/vacations).

I stayed at Northumberland House which just opened in 2007 and it was a fantastic location (less than 2 blocks to Trafalgar Square), had on-site laundry facilities and free high speed internet.

Some of LSE's accommodation includes breakfast, Northumberland does not, but they have a small kitchen on each floor specifically for use by guests if you do feel like cooking a simple meal - otherwise, there are dozens of restaurants nearby.