Please sign in to post.

airport transfers

best taxi service from heathrow to hotel (victoria)?

Posted by
1986 posts

I agree with Nigel- Underground to Victoria is easy; heathrow Connect or Express are reasonably convenient (may want to grab a taxi when you get to paddington). Taxi from heathrow to London is gonna be slower than your worst taxi from Kennedy to downtown Manhattan. Howeber, if you insist; walk out of the terminal to the signposted taxi rank and get the first one in line

Posted by
32735 posts

I am sure others will chip in with answers, and this was not asked, but it is a doddle (with one simple cross platform change) to get to Victoria from Heathrow by London Underground; and unless there is a whole passel of you it will be cheaper, too. I bet that its quicker, too.

Posted by
8700 posts

I agree that taking the Tube works well - if you're packing light. Take the Piccadilly Line from Heathrow to Hammersmith, walk a few feet to the other side of the platform, and take the District Line to Victoria. However, if you want door-to-door service, a private car service will be cheaper than a taxi. Many people recommend Just Airports. You can book a saloon (sedan), estate (station wagon), or MPV (minivan). The fare is determined by the size of the vehicle and the postal code of your destination. Victoria is in postal code SW1. There is a discount for paying cash.