Please sign in to post.

London 2012

I am planning a trip to England next summer. I have reserved one week in Bath and one week in Cotswolds, now to London. I want to stay at least a week maybe 2 but am concerned about location and avoiding the Olympic rush at the end of July/Aug. I am planning for London July 8 for one or two weeks. Can anyone recommend a good location in London proper for self-catering and safety for two women? I am assuming most sites will be accessable from any location but would appreciate input on that also. Thanks.

Posted by
8667 posts

A place I've stayed more than once is the Vancouver Studio Apartments in Bayswater. Inexpensive by London standards. Two nearby tube stations (Queensway and Bayswater), walking distance from Paddington station, loads of buses on Bayswater Road and Westbourne Grove, blocks from Hyde Park and Notting Hill. Diverse neighborhood with inexpensive ethic restaurants and charming pubs All rooms are ensuite, with kitchenette equipped with dishes, pots, pans, silverware, hot water pot. There is no elevator. Have always enjoyed my stays there.