Please sign in to post.

Sicily

Thanks for the info about cruising. We had decided on a Rick Steves tour of Sicily, but hotels w/o air conditioning stopped us. At 70, we do not mind walking all over, but are used to driving up to a nice hotel and collapsing. Have any of you taken Rick's tour of Sicily? Thank you

Posted by
3580 posts

Yes, I was on a RS tour of Sicily and Southern Italy 5-6 years ago. You won't need a/c during the months Oct-May, probably. RS tours use comfortable hotels, in my experience. A/C may be available during the hotter months. I was in Sicily last Nov. and definitely did not need A/C. May or October would be perfect months for travel in southern Italy.

Posted by
1540 posts

I agree..... I was in Sicily in November 2007 and went as far north as Rome. No problems w/o AC.
Best of Luck in finding a trip that works for you.

Posted by
1064 posts

When are you going to Sicily? We were in Taromina in June a few years ago and purchased air conditioning (yes, it is an option in some hotels) after the first sweltering night. BTW: You might get more responses in the Italy forum, To the Boot.

Posted by
248 posts

We just returned a few days ago from a RS tour of Sicily. It was a great trip. Lots of great sights, wonderful food and wine. Hotels were all very nice and we didn't think we needed air conditioning. Not quite so hot in Oct. To read reviews of the tours check out the tour feedback.

Posted by
5678 posts

BTW you posted this in the "To the North" section of the Helpline. You might find that you reach even more travelers to Italy if you posted in the "To the Boot." Pam