Please sign in to post.

Currency conversion

Any thoughts on best place around Seattle to convert dollars to pounds. I've used ATMs at Paddington, etc. but I'm one who likes to exchange some money before leaving home.

Posted by
1068 posts

We always exchange some dollars at the TravelEx (or whatever it's called) at SeaTac. I've never found anyplace else to do it in Seattle. This place is deadsville, man. :D

Posted by
635 posts

You don't need much cash when you first arrive in GB. There are ATMs in the airports but you don't necessarily need to use them. All you need in local currency is enough to get you into a town. That might be enough money to buy a bus ticket or pay for parking with a rental car. For the little that you'll need to avoid (or not depend on) an airport ATM, change some money at the airport. Twenty pounds per person is probably plenty depending on what you'll be doing. You definitely don't want to get off the plane with 500 pounds after getting the terrible exchange rate.

Posted by
9369 posts

If you have enough time before your trip, you could probably order pounds from your bank. The rate is usually OK, but you will pay a flat fee for the service.

Posted by
15 posts

Thanks to all for your helpful posts. Not all taxis take credit cards.

Posted by
719 posts

I always get my currency from an ATM in country. The exchange rates are far better over there vs. the commissions/fees that you'll pay over here. It only takes a few minutes after you land.