Please sign in to post.

RS 21" Roll-Aboard / Aer Lingus

Has anyone had problems putting Rick's 21" Roll-Aboard bag in the overhead bin on an Aer Lingus flight (short haul, LHR-DUB)? Or were you forced to check the bag? Thanks. (I posted this over on Transportation but haven't had much response yet.)

Posted by
990 posts

This may not be of help, but two weeks ago I flew from Birmingham to Dublin and they were checking the weight on bags, but not sizing them. So be sure you're within the weight limit. (Of the people we saw in line, about half were being forced to check bags that they hadn't planned to.

Posted by
166 posts

You may want to check out the type of aircraft you will be flying from LHR-DUB on short haul. We use the same luggage and had no problem on Aer Lingus from the U.S. to Dublin, but on short haul flight - within Europe so to speak - we were on a smaller aircraft which had us gate check the luggage on the spot at no extra cost.

Posted by
970 posts

Depends on the aircraft you'll be in. If the bins have a curbed top, or are narrower in back than the front, few roll-a-boards will fit. If they gate check, tho, just do it. My guess is, for this short flight, the bag won't fit.