Please sign in to post.

Gatwick Airport

Would like to get an idea how much it would cost to take a taxi from Gatwick to central London or else how difficult to get the train from Gatwick to Victoria Station. I'm traveling on my own and will have 1 suitcase plus overnight bag. Thanks for your input

Posted by
1986 posts

The train from Gatwick to Victoria Station is very convenient for travellers. The easiest way to get into London. "Everybody" does it. Not dificult at all. With one suitcase and an overnight you will not have any problem. definitely not worth paying for a taxi for one person from Gatwick Depending where your hotel is, you may find it easier to take the taxi from Victoria to your hotel. Although Tube would be a lot less expensive

Posted by
72 posts

Ditto on the other replies to your post. Frankly, the express train would be faster than a taxi anyway, and is very comfortable. I'd definitely go that route!

Posted by
8700 posts

Take a Southern train from Gatwick to Victoria. Only a few minutes slower than the Gatwick Express and a lot cheaper.

Posted by
54 posts

Lulu, The Gatwick Express, the dedicated train from Gatwick to London Victoria station, runs every 15 minutes and takes just under half an hour. The trains are non-stop. You can just hop on the train and pay the conductor by cash (Pounds) or credit card when he/ she comes by. Just follow the signs throughout the airport once you clear customs and immigration. This is by far the fastest, easiest and among the cheapest ways to get to central London. Have a great trip!
Gary