Please sign in to post.

7 days in Ireland

My husband and I are going to Ireland for seven days in October. I was wondering what are the must see things/cities to visit during this time frame. We are not going to go to Northern Ireland, so if anyone has suggestions for a seven day itineraries it would be great.

Posted by
29 posts

The way I narrowed it down was by reading through the RS book, watching his Ireland videos, and listening to his free Ireland podcasts on iTunes. In his book, he rates things as "do not miss" or "try not to miss," etc.

First, we decided on flying in to Dublin and out of Shannon. That way, we can see both coasts but don't have to backtrack. You might want to consider something like this if you haven't already purchased your tickets.

We decided on Dublin (2 nights), Kilkenny (1 night), Kenmare (1 night), Dingle (2 nights), and Doolin (1 night). Our biggest priority of all those was Dingle, as everyone says you have to stay there two nights.

Posted by
1 posts

Leave Dublin early, stop at Kilkenny for a longish lunch, and then head on to enjoy two nights in Kenmare. From Kenmare, you can easily visit either the Beara Peninsula or the ROK. There isn't that much to see in Kilkenny. Walk around for a while, have lunch or picnic, move on towards the west coast where you can enjoy all the beautiful scenery.

Posted by
182 posts

small town ireland is the best i think. dublin in two nights is just right. i would at least spend one in kilkeny. easily the prettiest inland town, with great dining and music. dingle needs two nights for sure, maybe even a third. doolin has music, and is near the cliffs. but is very small. one night probably is right. kenmare is pretty, but dingle is similar. i like kinsale a great deal, but difficult in this time frame. don't be afraid to make dublin one night. it is not the best of ireland. that may give you time for cooler ireland.