Please sign in to post.

7 days in Ireland

Spending 7 days in Ireland in mid September. Arriving at Dublin and departing from Shannon. Suggested sights
Would like B&B recommendations and to spend the night at a castle.

Posted by
2361 posts

What are you interested in seeing? Will you have a car? Planning to spend anytime in Dublin.? It does work out well that you are arriving in one city and leaving from another. We did it both ways, once Shannon to Dublin and most of the other times the other way around. We even twice went in and out of Shannon. Is this your first visit? Give us more info so we can be more helpful. Thanks.

Posted by
288 posts

I also recommend starting with Rick's Ireland book. He has great suggestions. I used his book to narrow down stops for my 13 day visit last month.

Posted by
2361 posts

Suggest you get the book of B&B's in Ireland from the Irish Tourist Bureau, lists great info on the B&B's, price, e-mail, etc. Also of course tour books, videos etc to help to narrow down what and what not to see. Can also look at Graffiti Wall where people recommend B&B's.

Posted by
635 posts

You will find a 7 day trip just enough to make you realize you needed to stay longer. For a frantic trip to maximize the sites, I'll suggest the following: Day 1: Dublin Day 2: Dublin Day 3: Get car & drive - Glendalough, Kilkenny (sleep) Day 4: Rock of Cashell, Dingle (sleep) Day 5: Ring of Dingle (sleep) Day 6: Cliffs of Moher, Burren, Shannon (sleep)
Day 7: fly out? If you are flying out on Day 8, I suggest you add a night in Killarney between Day 4 and 5 to see the park sites. Other people will have other suggestions. I suggest you get a Rick's guidebook and look at what he has that interests you. It's hard to follow his recommendations for a 7 day trip because he'd have you going between Dingle and Belfast which is too far to drive and see much.