Please sign in to post.

young woman stay in Paris

For a 20 something traveler in Paris in August, any recommendations for an inexpensive, yet safe, Rick approved lodging? Expected stay is about 4 nights.

Posted by
9363 posts

If they must be Rick approved, they are all in the guidebook (and they are all safe, or they wouldn't be there). As for inexpensive in Paris in August....hmmmm.... BTW, the North section isn't the right place to post this question, but I see you have also posted it in the correct section, West.

Posted by
33 posts

Hi- thanks Nancy- yes I accidentally posted it in the wrong section- actually I need some of the same info for London as well. Yes, I do know about Rick's books, I love them and take them with me on all our Euro trips. I am also somewhat familiar with both London and Paris, but I thought someone could steer me in a little more specific direction for my research- such as " oh yeah, look for something in the 7th arrondissement but totally avoid the 14th"- or even some personal experience with traveling alone. Thanks much!

Posted by
2349 posts

I'll just address your last statement about "avoiding the 14th." I stayed in the 14th, near blvd Montparnasse & Raspail, and found it to be wonderful and safe. Prices I can't help you with, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Posted by
11507 posts

Gee Leslie,, there are way more hotels that are safe clean and suitable then " Rick approved ones" limiting yourself that way is just silly, especially trying to book at this late date. I took a RS tour once( it was great) but not one of the hotels we stayed in were in any of Ricks guidebooks, just proving there are many great places and not in his book. In Paris there is the Hotel Eugenie, I stayed there alone, safe clean very central.
There is also Hotel Place du la Louvre,, if you can get a deal there I thought location was great,, and staff all spoke reasonable english. I would go on tripadvisor.com and check out more suggestions there.

Posted by
33 posts

Thank you Karen and thank you Pat. I think Rick would be one of the first to say think out of the box- which is just what we did- and problem solved- lots of excitement for the coming trip!! Thanks to all!!