Please sign in to post.

Thank you

Many thanks to all of you who offered help thoughout the past year helping me plan our trip. We had a great time, definately couldn't have done it without you.

Posted by
3797 posts

Glad you had a great trip! Please tell us what you enjoyed most, including names of hotels and restaurants, favorite sites, and other observations. We are all always looking for more information.

Posted by
2788 posts

I wish there was a section of this web site devoted to "reports" thus leaving the helpline for questions and answers.

Posted by
101 posts

Stayed at Celtic -wouldn't be for everyone, but it was a clean, safe bed with excellent breakfast. My daughter and I, not being big eaters, had this big breakfast (the toast of which we took for a lunch and added trail mix to it), ate lunch while walking and touring then for dinner usually found a cafe that served such large meals we'd split one and ended up eating for about 15 pounds (including tip) a day for the two of us... this was totally unexpected. Disappointments (in my opinion): Louvre Museum (couldn't find anything with their map, but was fascinated with the history of the building itself ), Premium Tours (although seeing Stonehenge and Bath themselves was awesome), Verizon international cell phones (phones didn't work). Very interesting, especially learning the history: Greenwich, Kew Gardens, Natural History Museum with Butterfly display,Tower of London, Medieval Dinner, Globe Theatre (unfortunately the plays were sold out). Totally awesome sights: Big Ben/Parliament, Windsor, Hampton Court, Palace of Versailles. Most of which had free audio tours which I highly recommend to value what you are looking at. A big 'Bravo' for International Tours to Paris. Wish we would have used them for Stonehenge and Bath. Delta Internationale flights was wonderful too: full hot meals, free wine, free movies. If anyone wants details I'd be glad to email with you.

Posted by
340 posts

Verizon International Phone didn't work? Was this your own phone, or did you use their Loaner Program? I'm planning on using their loaner this fall.

Posted by
101 posts

It was their loaner program. We got them only for emergency situations. .. for communication back home and if we got separated.We had two phones, one didn't even adjust to the time over there and the other was unreliable for its alarm clock plus had an auto redial that I'd never dealt with before and made a call without knowing it. They are crediting me the shipping only because their records don't show that I ever got the email giving me a number to call for assistance if needed , which I indeed never got. The accidental call is still being looked into. For communication back home I'd will stick to emailing through the internet cafes in the future and rely upon rondeveu points for getting separated..

Posted by
340 posts

Thanks for the info. We're planning on getting just one loaner phone so we can easily be reached in an emergency. I'm sure I'll be using internet cafes to check train times, confirm reservations, etc.