Please sign in to post.

London for three days

Hello, We are traveling all over Europe and will be in London for three days. What TWO things do we absolutely have to do while we are there? Thanks for the advice!
C

Posted by
409 posts

(1) Westminster Abbey in late afternoon, followed by Evensong, and (2) Churchill Museum and War Rooms.

Posted by
3797 posts

Westminster Abbey, and the Tower of London. If you wanted two more after that, I'd say St. Paul's (take the walk to the top to see the view out over London roof tops; much better than from the London Eye) and British Museum.

Posted by
1986 posts

Changing of Horse Guards (especially on the days when they have mounted bands) and Westminster Abbey. Although sometimes, just in the mood to walk through familiar streets

Posted by
2788 posts

Get a copy of RS London Guide book and read it as it has lots of good information for you.

Posted by
189 posts

Westminster and the Tower. I'd do the Ceremony of the Keys as well.

Posted by
2374 posts

St. Paul's and the Tower but would skip out on the end of the beefeater tour as was boring and took up a lot of time.

Posted by
189 posts

Oh, I would definitely DO the Beefeater tour, and the end in St. Peter's is my favorite part...I'm a huge history buff, though, and that might not be for everyone. Certainly was far from boring for me - I've done it seven times now.