Please sign in to post.

Garmin 275T with European Maps - No longer available?

I'm been thinking about a GPS for driving in Italy for a couple weeks and have been advised the Garmin 275T is a pretty good unit, and the only one with European Maps standard. (Garmin that is...) I bid on a couple units on Ebay and used ones sold for $137. Fry's Electronics is selling them right now for $130. They are "No longer being carried" and I take this to mean that Garmin is no longer offering them. Most of the Fry's stores in the Los Angeles area have 2 or 3 units, according to the sales guy I talked to. Carpe Garmin.

Posted by
409 posts

I have a Garmin 275T and love it. You may be correct about it not being offered by Garmin any more, but you are incorrect about it being the only Garmin unit offering European maps standard. Actually, any Garmin unit with a "7" for the second digit has the European maps. If I were you - and this is just a suggestion - I'd pick up either a used or new unit at Frye's. I purchased lifetime map updates and you will still have that option. The prices you mention are excellent - I paid $239 for mine on sale two years ago.

Posted by
244 posts

I bought one of them for $130 at Frys. I've been corrected that the 275T is not the only one that has european maps standard. However, the 275T seems to be the most widely offered. Fry's does not carry another unit that has european maps.