Please sign in to post.

Bus to Bath

So, I am taking Rick's advice on my trip to England this May, and heading to Bath right after I fly into London Heathrow. I am wondering how the bus situation works at the airport. Are there coach type bus' available at the airport, or will I have to schedule one to pick us up in advance?

Posted by
1986 posts

Its a whole lot more convenient (and in my opinion time saving) to take the train from Heathrow to Paddington and then Paddington(?) to Bath. The coach trip is long, the traffic slow and you are sitting all the way.

Posted by
970 posts

Hmmm. I just checked the Heathrow site and the National Express site and I didn't see any listing for a Heathrow-Bath bus. Does anyone know if someone else is operating this route, or has it gone defunct? Chris: The train from Paddington to Bath takes about 90 minutes and runs several times daily. Advance ticket purchase is a good idea because it saves money. The Heathrow Express train is the fastest, and most expensive, way to get to Paddington. No stops, and it takes about 15 minutes. You'll get off within feet of the Bath train. The Heathrow Connect train is cheaper, but makes a few stops. The Tube's Piccadilly Line from Heathrow is the cheapest and the slowest: allow an hour or so. And, it doesn't go to Paddington, so you'd need to change.

Posted by
32222 posts

Chris, You can absolutely travel by Coach from Heathrow to Bath! The National Express Coach makes regular stops there, so you won't have to worry about scheduling in advance. As I recall, the Coach departing London Victoria makes a stop at Heathrow on the way to Bath. Note that some Coaches have one stop, and others are direct. Your destination station will be Bath Spa. Which Terminal are you arriving at? Have a look at the National Express website for information on departure times, etc. Fare for direct trips is currrently listed at £19.60. The website provides information on the location of Coach stations at Heathrow. I don't have any information on ticket purchase but I'm sure there will either be a ticket booth or purchase from the Driver. Happy travels!