Please sign in to post.

Royal Wedding

Hey, so some think it's a bit naff...so what! We're just a couple of romantic ladies looking for a day out in London! Seriously, a friend and I have already booked flights and hotel. Short of watching on telly or camping out along the route, does anyone have any serious ideas about how two "seniors" can get closer standing room along the route than the tenth row back. Same goes for the balcony scene. We've both been to the UK numerous times, but being present at one of these celebrations is a new experience for us, and we're not quite sure how to tackle the situation.

Posted by
1986 posts

She will only be in the carriage on the way back to Buckingham Palace. And the route betwen Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palce is relatively short- so all those two million people will be crammed into a very short space

Posted by
3551 posts

I would not know where to start . But if you find away it will be a once in a lifetime expereince. go for it!
If it is televised I will be watching for sure!

Posted by
2776 posts

The only way you can get up close is to go to the procession route the day before and stay there until the wedding. There was over 2 million people along the route for Charles and Diana's wedding...there will that many or more for the upcoming wedding...let's hope the weather is warm and dry.