Please sign in to post.

tour companies

I'm looking to take a tour through International Friends and another one through Viator Tours . www.internationalfriends.co.uk
http://www.viator.com How do I find out if they are a legit companies?Also when buying tickets online to the different tourist attractions is it best to go through the attractions websight rather than another sight offering discounted tickets to keep from getting scammed?

Posted by
3428 posts

Are you a AAA member? If you their travel agents will be glad to give you advice. I have heard of Viator Tours before. Haven't use them though.

Posted by
9153 posts

Viators is just a middle man company making a buck off of you booking a tour through them, they do not do the tours themselves.. Just book your tours through the companies themselves, no reason to use Viator.

Posted by
3843 posts

I have heard and read good things about International Friends, no bad reviews. Have not used them myself.

Posted by
291 posts

Viator are not a coach operator, just an agent.
Out of London they resell tours from Premium Tours and Evan Evans which you will probably find cheaper with discounters. International Friends are a high quality small group operator. You pay a little more but they offer in my opinion the best quality tours out of London.

Posted by
1010 posts

Hello. We have used "Gray Line Tours" all over the place. They are based here in the U.S. You can either book the tours while here or after you get to wherever in Europe. Sometimes you have to book them in advance, depending on the particular tour. We have used them in London, Paris, Bruges, Canada, New York, Boston, etc. They are GREAT. We took NUMEROUS tours with them in London and Paris (both places, 2009 and 2010). We highly recommend them. You can go to "Gray Line Tours.com". We are going to use Gray Line again this September. We are going to use them in Rome and Cappodocia (Turkey). I also suggest you look at reviews of any tour companies you might want to use overseas. Sometimes Viator gets poor reviews. We are in our 60's. Elaine ([email protected])