Please sign in to post.

Picking up train tickets

Hello!
We are heading to England on the 19th and I wanted to know if anyone has ordered train tickets online and picked them up successfully at a train station. It is a lot cheaper to purchase in advance so we would like to save the money-Thanks all!

Posted by
1266 posts

Stephanie - Just go to the ticket kiosk and insert the same cc you used to purchase your tickets. I believe I also keyed in a confirmation number. We were able to print all of the tickets we had purchased at the same time. It was a piece of cake.

Posted by
4412 posts

Easy-peasy!I suggest bringing a copy of the reservation.

Posted by
5678 posts

Just make sure that you get all the documents. There is usually at least two documents and they both look like tickets. One, though is a receipt and not good for travel. Pam

Posted by
970 posts

It's really easy. Just give yourself enough time in case the station is busy and there's a queue. You insert your card and then key in the confirmation number sent by email.

Posted by
152 posts

I agree with the other posts. One more caveat: the seat reservations don't necessarily work. We've traveled a lot by train in the UK, usually without trouble. On our last trip in October, we reserved 1st class seats from York to London well in advance. On the platform, we inquired about which coach we should look for. The station attendant told us, and also told us that our specific seat reservations were not really valid, but not to worry, there would be plenty of seats. When we boarded, we were casually looking for two adjacent, forward facing seats, and then realized that the seats were going fast. We needed to scramble to find two seats together. Just be forewarned, check it out, and have a great trip.