Please sign in to post.

Best Car Rental Company in Ireland?

I'm looking to rent a car for a day (from Belfast Airport to go to the Giant's Causeway). Which car rental companies have you had success with? I've heard that a lot of companies have hidden fees...are there any that don't?! I've been looking at Hertz, but am open to any company that is going to be straightforward and reasonably priced.

Posted by
64 posts

Dan Dooley Car Rentals had no hidden fees and were reasonable. Give them a try.

Posted by
705 posts

Suggest you check into autoeurope.com, a broker located in Maine. You can make arrangements easy over the phone if you'd like. We've appreciated their service in the past. Good luck.

Posted by
9363 posts

I never found any hidden fees with Irish Car Rentals. They even told me that if I brought my car back full of gas instead of empty, they would refund the initial fuel charge they add up front. For us, it made sense because we spent about $50 on gas for the week and got a $75 refund on the rental.

Posted by
103 posts

I've also had good luck with car rental in Ireland (Cork). No hidden fees. I also scratched the heck out of the hub caps and wasn't charged a thing.

Posted by
333 posts

I usually rent from Hertz. They tend to have fairly competitive rates when you add in the insurance coverage. Keep checking on-line with the major agencies at the airports. Rates constantly change and unless you do a pre-paid rental you can always cancel even on the day of rental. Are you flying into BFD or BFS? Belfast International is bigger and will probably have a bit better rates. It's also about 20 minutes closer to the Causeway

Posted by
115 posts

I second the Dan Dooley rental. Great company and no hidden fees.