Please sign in to post.

London Eye tickets

Is it worth purchasing tickets for the London Eye ahead of time? I've heard that the line for reserved tickets is longer than if I just walked up without one.

Posted by
780 posts

Surprisingly, around 3, 4 pm is when the line is almost non-existant.

Posted by
780 posts

Surprisingly, around 3-5 pm is when the line is almost non-existant.
I think its about the time when tired tourists are looking for dinner since their stomachs are still in different time zones!

Posted by
6898 posts

We rode the eye last year. A bit of a line to buy tickets but it went quickly. Lots of ticket counters. Then, you go into a small theatre to see a short film about the eye (no seats - you stand and watch). Then, you there will be a short line to get on the ride. It wasn't bad at all.

Posted by
48 posts

Is it the general consensus then, that it's better to just go later in a day that fits your schedule (and weather), and not reserve tickets?

Posted by
712 posts

We went last summer around 6PM and there was no line. We waited to buy the tickets there, so we could pick a clear day... which happened to be the first day we were in London. We also had done it a few years ago and it was crowded back then, but wanted to show the views to someone who was traveling with us.

Posted by
3 posts

We went in 2008 and there wasn't a line around 5pm.
Personally, I do not think it is worth the money. If you do go I wouldn't buy the booklet. Simply is not worth it.