Please sign in to post.

Paris Taxi

We will be arriving at Gare du Nord via the Chunnel in the late morning. Our hotel is near the Eiffel Tower. I am considering taking a taxi and wondered if anyone might know about how much that may cost? Thanks in advance.

Posted by
8700 posts

Since the morning rush hour will be over, expect to pay around €15 (more if traffic is an issue).

Posted by
8293 posts

Neal, you might be able to get there on the No. 42 bus, which you can get at the bus terminal behind the Gare du Nord. If you want to tell us where your hotel is located I can tell you if the bus would work for you.

Posted by
17 posts

I am at the Hotel Eiffel Seine.

I was a little concerned with taking the bus or Metro with luggage. My wife and I would each have a large rolling duffel bag and each a backpack. Should that be a concern?

Posted by
49 posts

Three weeks ago I followed Norma's advice to take Bus 42. It worked great and it was an easy walk of several blocks to our hotel in the Rue Cler area. I downloaded from the Internet the bus schedule and route for added reassurance.
We needed to get back to the Gare du Nord very early on a Sunday morning, we took a taxi which picked us up in front of the hotel and went directly to the station at a time of extremely little traffic and I was charged 21 Euro.

Posted by
8293 posts

Neal, the map of your hotel's location shows that the bus would not be much help, so I guess a taxi it is. The closest metro stop is Bir-Hakim but taking the metro from Gare du Nord would entail some changes which would be a royal pain with your baggage.

Posted by
11507 posts

Neal,, I will guess and say it will be about 15-20 euros,, depends on traffic..