Please sign in to post.

Thanks for the help

I have used this forum many times to plan trips and have picked up many tips just from reading it each day.I manage to give a little advice on occasion. I just returned from Scotland where I played golf 7 days including St.Andrews old course and then 14 days traveling from Edinburgh to Wales and London.It was a great trip and thanks to everyone who helped.While in London the Queen opened parliament which featured a parade from Buckingham to Parliament.Half of London was on the street to see it as it only occurs once a year.Over 200 horses,many soldiers and police officers and a traffic jam to beat all james.We took a bus and the driver was detoured many times and he finally said I have no idea where we are going so we walked.All in all a great day.Thanks again Jack

Posted by
5678 posts

Jack, it sounds like a great trip! I take off two weeks from today and can hardly wait to be back in Scotland and can't believe I'm going to Amsterdam for the first time since I was 19. ; ) What was your favorite golf course in Scotland? You know we're going to count on you to help out all those traveling golfers from now on. I don't golf much and I don't think Toni does either so we need some expertise here! Someday I'll golf in Scotland, but I need a really tolerant travel partner as I've mostly played best ball. Pam

Posted by
1266 posts

Jack - Sounds like a wonderful trip, especially the golf in Scotland. Did you use the ballot to play St. Andrews ?

Posted by
934 posts

When it comes to Scotland St.Andrews Old course is special.The New Cours(built in 1896) and Jubilee are also very nice.We also played Carnoustie which is a British Open course and it also was special. We missed on the ballot so got in line Monday morning at 4:30AM>The starter arrives at 6:45AM>We were 5-6-7 in line and by 6:45 there were 75 people in line.We expected to play in separate goups to fill in but a man from Spain couldnt get to St.Andrews because of the ash and the three of us got his T time aand were able to play together.Playing with my son and son-in-law made it even more special.We played Crail which is 15 minutes away and that also was a nice course.We also played three days east of Edinburgh(North Berwick,Gullane #1 and Craigelaw)Berwick and Gullane were outstanding courses and Craigelaw so so.All in all it was a great trip.jack