Please sign in to post.

Electrical Adapter

What type adapter will I need for hair dryer and curling iron while in Ireland ? Where can I purchase one ? Thanks, Mike

Posted by
248 posts

Check with your hotel/b&b. Mine in London loaned me an adapter (GBP 10 deposit refunded when I returned the adapter). Such a nice service. Be sure to specify that it's for dryer/curling iron.

Posted by
2876 posts

Just click on the Travel Store tab above, then go into accessories > electrical adapters.

You'll need a British-style adapter.

Posted by
9369 posts

Make sure both appliances are dual voltage, however.

Posted by
993 posts

I take a voltage converter which I got a Radio Shack. It was about $13.00 but is probably more now. I use it to recharge my iPod and the batteries for my camera. Several years ago I bought a hairdryer at Boots BUT most places, tho not all, provide them. The converter may be a little bulky for some but it works for me.

Posted by
265 posts

Lauri, you do not need a voltage converter for Ipod and most battery chargers. They are nearly all dual voltage.

Posted by
676 posts

Mike, I've taken my curling iron to London, it's dual voltage, works fine. YShould be OK in Ireland to. Ask the hotel if they have hair dryers as most do nowadays. Gotta ask tho-is the curling iron for you? :)

Posted by
15 posts

re: adapter...i bought one yesterday at walmart of $10. it will do the trick for my dual voltage hair dryer and flat iron (that's the opposite of a curling iron, BTW.)
i won't need a converter because my items are dual voltage. ...the same with my camera charger.