Please sign in to post.

London Eye Question

I plan on visiting the London Eye later this year and now after reading a good deal about it,I wonder which time of day offers the more memorable view,daytime or after dark? I realize this is a personal opinion question but I am really interested in the views of anyone who is willing to respond.
Thanks,John

Posted by
23269 posts

Obviously a clear day is important. Depends a little bit on what you might want to do. Just a sightseeing trip around would work any time. However, for photography late afternoon light is very beneficial. Has more color. Your pictures should would be more dramatic but you are also shooting through thick plexiglass with some curve. Not the best for sharpness. As for night all you see is a bunch of lights. London is not the city of lights.

Posted by
2713 posts

The light is great right before sunset. I think that's the best time.

Posted by
588 posts

I was on the Eye the first week of June - about 8:15 pm and it was gorgeous. Beautiful sunset. Have great photos.

Posted by
113 posts

My daughters and I took it on an overcast afternoon before heading to Paris. Even then it was worth it. But if we had planned better, we would have done it around sunset...those were beautiful along the river!

Posted by
10 posts

Our family took a ride just after the Eye opened in the morning (around 9:45 a.m), and the views were terrific. The bonus is that if you get on the first round in the morning, the egg capsules don't fill up, so there are as few as 4-8 people in your compartment, giving you more flexibility to move around and see all the views. And if you go early, there's no waiting in lines, which can be long.

Posted by
518 posts

Just go the first clear day you have. I think toward evening is best, but it needs to be clear. Don't skip a clear day. You might not have another one.