Please sign in to post.

Football tickets

Hello all. My girlfriend and I will be traveling throughout Europe this summer and are looking to attend the FA cup final at Wembley in May. So far our search for tickets have had little success. Everything we've seen would cost us hundreds of euros each. Can someone help us find reasonably priced tickets and help us have this memorable experience? Thank you so much for any assistance!!

Posted by
9099 posts

The FA cup final is the English equivalent to the Super Bowl. Unless you know someone who is a top-tier registered member with one of the teams, the only way you'll be able to get tickets is to pay big bucks via a ticket agency. You have a better shot at winning the lottery than finding anything close to reasonably priced:) Having said that, If I happened to be in London during the finals I would be very tempted to pay agency prices. It's one of those once in a lifetime experiences.

Posted by
2876 posts

You can occasionally get lucky snagging tickets for English soccer on Ebay UK.

www.ebay.co.uk

For the FA cup final, you'd have to get VERY lucky.

Posted by
495 posts

Re. Tom's eBay idea.

Just to point out that for the most part it's illegal to re-sell football tickets in the UK unless you are an 'authorised seller' of which they are very few. Ebay also ban selling of most football tickets for matches in the UK.

It's very unlikely to cause a legal issues for tourists (usual IANAL disclaimer) but if you buy a ticket from eBay or on the street it's almost certainly illegal and you'll have little legal comeback if the ticket doesn't get you into the ground.

As I'm sure someone will be along post in a second ticket touts operate quite openly outside most grounds and the cup final and I'm not making any kind of moral point but the legal position is as above so caveat emptor.

Posted by
264 posts

Andrew,

I believe the Semi's are also being held at Wembley now. If I remember last year those were not sold out. Of course it's not the finals - but it might feature two good sides and be at Wembley

Posted by
2876 posts

Peter - I was not aware of that information. Thanks for posting it.