Please sign in to post.

Boulogne

Does anyone knnow how far/long of a walk it is from the ferry to the center of town?

Planning a day trip here in May and would love any information you can pass along about this town.

Thanks!

Kristen

Posted by
9110 posts

While links are nice, the nifty google map picture is in error since it fails to account for the ramp that eliminated the silly sidewalk loop. This happend maybe three or four years ago. The walk now takes less than twenty minutes since a good half mile has been chopped off.

Posted by
9110 posts

There has to be an error in the LD Lines information. Assuming that neither the ferry port nor the city center have been moved and that the boats in the recreational marina just to the south of the ferry port are on the order of thirty feet (ten meters) average; the distance between the ferry port and the center of the city is way more than twenty boat lengths.

Posted by
1829 posts

Kristen

I think you would fare better if you posted your question on the Tripadvisor Boulogne forum. Hopefully someone who has used the new ferry terminal and footbridge into town will be able to help you.

Posted by
117 posts

Thank you for all your help!

Linda -- I took your suggestion and posted on tripadvisor. I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place. I'm pretty sure I am close too planning overload!

Most appreciative,
Kristen