Please sign in to post.

4 days in Ireland

Only 4 days to see the best of the Emerald Isle ,we can fly in and rent a car . Any suggestions??

Posted by
2362 posts

Where are you flying into, Dublin, Shannon? If I only had four days, would fly into Shannon and tour the west coast, I liked it best of all the places in Ireland. We enjoyed Cliffs of Moher, Doolin, Adare, much prefer Dingle over Ring of Kerry, that is just our opinion. Not much impressed with Bunratty but did really enjoy the what I guess would be called the replica village there. If flying out of Shannon, suggest Airport Manor B&B,maybe ten minutes at most to airport and private car park, lovely. Enjoy whatever you do.

Posted by
2324 posts

If you're flying in/out of Dublin, don't bother with a car. You can get a day bus trip to nearby locations (such as Newgrange).

Posted by
10205 posts

I agree that if you can fly into Shannon and get a car to tour the west coast, that would be ideal. If you're flying into Dublin it's not worth the car for such a short time. Stay in Dublin and do day trips from there. No car needed for that.

Posted by
30 posts

Hi, Fly into Shannon and rent a car and do the Burrens, Cliffs of Moher and Dingle Peninsula. Skip Ring of Kerry-not nearly as scenic or dramtaic as Dingle and involves lots of mindless driving. Do the boat tour out of Doolin for best views of Cliffs. We stayed in Dingle for two nights and Kenmare for three nights. Both are great towns with terrific resturants and pubs. Tom
Ithaca,NY