Please sign in to post.
Posted by
1014 posts

Travelodge in UK and parts of France is having a room sale starting at 10 Pounds per room. Click on the web site I listed and you can see rooms for sale. They start at 10 and do go up if going to London, for example.

Posted by
9363 posts

John, no need to post this on multiple boards. Most people check all of the boards every day.

Posted by
1014 posts

Only did two and some people, when going to UK,they only check the north boards,and do not check the west boards, etc. They only check where they are going. Just trying to get the message out that there are some cheap rooms to be had.

Posted by
68 posts

Thanks for the scoop - I am one of those folks that only checks the postings on where my next trip is planned.

Posted by
606 posts

Nancy: "Most people check all of the boards every day."

We've had this discussion before, but I'll again wager you a slow-drawn Guinness that yours is not a true statement. Some check all the boards, certainly many regulars may do so, but not most visitors to these forums. I certainly don't check them all every day.

Posting a notice appropriate to both UK and France on both forums is not any kind of offense worthy of admonition.

Posted by
9363 posts

I meant most of the regulars, Patrick. And as far as I know "we" have never had this discussion before. In any event, I posted my response after seeing the same posting on the first two boards that I checked.

Posted by
3580 posts

Since the OP has already been hijacked, I have a question/observation. It seems that items posted on the "Classic View" line are then sorted into the appropriate section, north, west, etc. Am I wrong? If this is the case, one posting in the Classic section will automatically be posted elsewhere. Correct? I'm not interested in starting a food fight; just clarify this for me. I don't check all the boards daily, in fact only rarely when I have lots of time. The Classic View is where I hang out.

Posted by
495 posts

I don't think you can actually post to the classic "section" as it's not really a section. All it is is way of viewing the other boards; it list every post made to every board in the order they were made. When you click "Read entire topic" or "Answer this question" you are actually taken into the relevant section.

Posted by
3580 posts

I did not know that. I just checked the top of the Classic View page. No place to ask questions. When I look at an entire topic to post an answer, I am shunted to that section. So, when people are complaining about multiple postings, the posters have gone to more than one of the question areas to ask their question. A question involving travel in Italy, for instance, might appropriately be posted in two places, and also show up on the Classic View.

Next question, why do people fuss about the multiple postings? Seems harmless to me.

Posted by
606 posts

Swan: "Next question, why do people fuss about the multiple postings? Seems harmless to me."

I agree. If they're doing it all the time, sure complain for good reason. But for a one-time thing, I say let it pass.