Please sign in to post.

London in 3 weeks!

I can't believe we're leaving for London 3 weeks from today! I am so excited! We have an extremely tight itinerary - we have 3 full days in London. So far our highlights are Tower of London, British Museum and British Library, Bus tour and river cruise, National Gallery and Imperial War Museum, Kensington Gardens, Beatle Walk. Also, we would like a quick trip up to Hampstead for a walk and pub meal. I'm trying to piece all of these places together in a practical time frame. For example, our hotel is in Paddington Station area, so when we do the Beatle Walk, which St. John's area, we could go on up to Hampstead and spend the afternoon. Upon arrival in London (which is 5:55 a.m.), we thought about the Bus Tour to get an overview of the city. We also have the Ceremony of the Keys that evening. So I guess we'll just stay out and about until then. It would be a waste of time to go back to the room, wouldn't it? The largest city I've ever been to is L.A. Of course, we rented a car and drove which takes forever to go 20 miles with traffic and all. We'll be taking the tube all over London, so I'm depending on traveling faster that way. Oh well, I'm rambling. Also any great tips for dining in any of these areas would be helpful. Thanks.

Posted by
9363 posts

You posted this same thing on the Transportation board two days ago and got several answers there. You might want to delete this one to save confusion for anyone else who would like to answer it.