Please sign in to post.

Storing Luggage in London

I would like to find a safe, clean and affordable place to store some luggage in London. I am studying the fall semester at Winchester and will be flying into Heathrow. My travel friend will be arriving also, and we would like to be able to leave the bulk of our luggage while we travel through Europe for a couple of weeks. We would prefer near Heathrow, since we will be catching our transport to the University from there. Thank you very much for your assistance!

Posted by
8293 posts

It's going to cost an arm and a leg to store luggage for a couple of weeks. It would be cheaper to arrange to have it stored at Winchester at the school and take it there yourselves on a National Express coach. It's only an hour's journey and then you could go into London from Winchester by train to Waterloo Station.

Posted by
8700 posts

I like Norma's suggestion. However, here are two companies that have luggage storage facilities in London: ABC Selfstore and Big Yellow Self Storage.

Posted by
2 posts

Hi Laura, I hope this is of some use to you. If you're looking to rent storage while travelling, there are several places that will sort you out in the London are. I have used Big Yellow in the past, but that was for a longer term contract. For a short-term deal i used storage-units. Much cheaper than the others and do free collection as well. (I think you have to be within a certain distance of the nearest lock-up, so i'd check that out first). Cheers.

Posted by
2782 posts

Will you be staying at a hotel before leaving to travel for two weeks? If so, the hotel might be able to keep your luggage for you. Several years ago, my daughter and a friend was heading for a field study in Scotland and they was going to travel for two weeks before going up to Scotland. They met in London, they stayed for a couple of nights before taking the Eurostar to Paris to start their two weeks. Their hotel kept luggage, which was great for them, when they got back they picked up their luggage and headed for Scotland. Oh, the hotel didn't charge them anything.