Please sign in to post.

London in March

March is supposed to be the "driest" month of the year. Do I need to take waterproof shoes, tennis shoes or waterproof tennis shoes? I am concerned about wet feet but need comfort for the walking. Any ideas?

Posted by
3428 posts

I'm not sure if March is really any "dryer" than other months in England. The UK tends to be more moist than not, but I have never found that I needed waterproof shoes. I go for comfort. That said, my walking shoes/tennis shoes are leather. If you are concerned, just take an extra pair so that you can swap out if needed. Let me know if you have questions about the UK. We have been more than 40 times.

Posted by
864 posts

I take a pair of leather clogs (mine are by Merrell) and a pair of GOOD day hikers. I wear the clogs on the plane (makes going through security easy as well) and all over London including in the rain. Also works well as house slippers. The only place I've ever needed waterproof shoes was in Venice...during high tide and then you needed waders. You do need two pairs of shoes so A) one pair can air out and B) to give your feet a change. In the summer I'd take my clogs and a pair of TEVA's. Museum days are always clog days so I can rest those tooties sitting outside and "venting" as it were. Do take enough socks as they can take two or three days to dry out in the winter.