Please sign in to post.

luggage storage in London

I will be moving to Scotland in September for graduate school. As I've never been to the UK before, I want to go early to visit some friends and do a bit of sightseeing. However, since I'm going for a year, I will have several large bags with me, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them while I am sightseeing.

My plan is to spend about a week in London, with a couple of day trips out to visit my friends in Southampton and Oxford, then at the end of the week catching the overnight train north to Aberdeen. Since neither of my friends are in London, it's not really convenient to just store my stuff with them. I'll be staying in a hostel, and I'm not sure if they would even have a place for two big bags, or if it would be that safe.

Does anyone have any advice about what I should do? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Posted by
5505 posts

Aleithia,

The link below is the company that runs the left luggage at all the train stations in London. They also used to have a location at earl's court (don't know if they still do). You might consider storing your bags at one of their locations.

http://www.excess-baggage.com/

Posted by
780 posts

The Earls Ct location was still open in April when I was there. It is on Earls Ct Road, near the Earls Ct Tube station. Just leave the station at the Earls Ct Road exit and make a left. Its only a couple minutes walk.